miércoles, 18 de diciembre de 2013

Final blog: English Language Challenges


At the University, I liked this subject quite a lot. Some opportunities, we were able to express our thoughts at class, trying to make up ideas and justify them as good as possible. That helped us to improve our fluency. Other times, we exercised some vocabulary related to our career.

Activities at class were kind of balanced, speaking about difficulty. We did different exercises, and we even played games. It was nice. Nevertheless, I ´d say that the worst part of this subject was its schedule.

About the use of blogs, I liked it mainly because of its varied topics. We were allowed to write anything coming into our minds, no matter if it was actually true, so it was a perfect way to practice our skills in the language.

I think that I still need to improve my fluency in English. A good way to do it is learning more and more vocabulary; if I do that, I´d manage to make complete ideas faster.
The problem there is that I think it´s kind of an “eternal” task, considering that we are not even speaking Spanish, our native language, correctly. It´s always new words waiting to be learned, but we lack vocabulary even more each day. It´s hard to do it in Spanish, it should be harder in English.

I´m not using English that much outside of class. I suppose I just use it when I need it, for example translating papers for my career. I also use it unconsciously while watching a movie or listening music, because I like this language. This year I used it to help my brother studying, that helped him a lot, because he studies and works, it that was gratifying.

Right now, knowing a little bit of English gives you more opportunities. I like studying it, so there ´s nothing but benefits.

That would be all, farewell.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario